Growing Bamboo in Summer
How to Prepare your GardenBefore you even buy a plant its important to get familiar with your soil and sun/shade factors.
Clay or Sand - Moist or Dry ? Check out the condition by observing what else grows well.
If its clay you will need to break up the soil and add Gypsium or a breaking agent. It will then allow drainage. It its Sandy had some good composty material and work through. Delay planting for a few weeks to let nutrients do their work.
We refer to planting in ground. Future blogs will cover Pot/Planter culture. Landscaping ask us for advice.
- Soil - provide good top soil
- Check Sun/Shade factor
- Check water availability
- Remove weeds & rocks, tree roots
- Good nutrients i.e. high Nitrogen fertiliser
- Deep base watering for the 1st weeks
- Buy high nitrogen organic fertiliser
- Water in Seasol or liquid Fish Emulsion
- Light covering of mulch only
- Note: Planting instructions are sent with every order.