Himalayan Weeping (Drepanostachyum falcatum)
Pretty & delicate with soft feathery foliage - fine thin culms. Sometimes called Blue Bamboo. Ideal for courtyards - Japanese gardens. Shade areas and lower story plantings. Grows well in Sydney & Melbourne. Special care in required in hot dry climates.
- Small - grows 1.5 to 3 metres
- Position-Part Shade not Full Sun
- Delicate tiny pretty foliage.
Adding a weeping bamboo to your yard or your outdoor common area can make you feel as though you’re in a lush Japanese garden. Unlike the name, this type of bamboo can improve the beauty of your garden and set a peaceful tone for the space.
Top Ways to Enjoy a Weeping Bamboo
Are you looking for ways to get more bang for your buck when you purchase a weeping bamboo? A few tips to keep in mind include:
- When planning on where to position this type of bamboo, be sure to avoid placing it in direct sunlight. Although this plant will need the sun to survive, too much sun will cause it to die. For optimal growth, we recommend that you find an area that is half in the sun and half in the shade.
- We usually suggest that you get in touch with us to walk you through the best options to care for your bamboo. This type of bamboo is small and delicate, so you want to be conscious of your watering schedule, especially during the warmer seasons.
- If you’re purchasing bamboo for your family or employees, you should ask for their opinion regarding the best place for the plant so everyone can enjoy it. Doing this is also a great way to bond with your co-workers or loved ones.
Byron Bay Bamboo carries an abundance of bamboo plant options. Whether you’re interested in furnishing your office or you would like to add a touch of distinct colour to your garden, a bamboo plant will surely hit the mark.