Goldstripe Bamboo (Bambusa Multiplex Goldstripe)
Goldstripe - Bambusa Multiplex Goldstripe
Good for smaller gardens to screen out a 1 storey Neighbour. Being upright - Goldstripe is resilient and ideal to perform in a narrow garden or driveway situation. Less foliage more culms in bottom 1m, with green leaves from 1m up. Also great for dappled light.
- Typically height 3-4 metres - can grow up to 5m in some climates.
- Position - can handle sunny/cold/exposed areas - Hardy smaller upright variety.
- Poles will go golden as they mature. Sizes are good for garden stakes.
- Shape - upright so great for skinny garden beds.
- Planting distance - from 50cm to 1m between plants depending on how tight you want the look.
200mm pots can be packaged up and delivered by box to your door, but please contact us for shipment of 300mm pots or larger as we use a plant freighter.
Landscaping enquiries welcomed.
Plant Gold Stripe Bamboo for Perfect Screens
Bamboo has been popular for thousands of years, both for its aesthetic and practical properties. If you are thinking of including a bamboo, Gold Stripe may just be the one for you. Unlike most other bamboo varieties, Gold Stripe does not need a lot of space to flourish, making it ideal for gardens with limited space or narrow beds.
Gold Stripe Bamboo can be planted as a decorative plant. Alternatively, it can grow into a perfect screen to provide some privacy or an attractive feature in your garden. Here are some of the benefits of choosing this variety for your garden:
- It does not need a lot of space to flourish and can easily grow in a thin bed.
- It is hardy, requiring little in the way of maintenance on established.
- It is perfectly suited to Australian weather, doing well even in colder, drier months.
Is Gold Stripe Bamboo for You?
Let’s face it, most of us don’t have the luxury of huge spaces required for many bamboo species to grow. This variety is ideal as it offers all the benefits of other bamboo species without any downsides. Aesthetically it is quite beautiful and not nearly as dense as other bamboo varieties.
- While ideal as a screen to provide some privacy, Gold Strip Bamboo is not as effective at protecting against wind and excessive noise as other bamboo species. It grows naturally to between three and four metres, effectively blocking out a one-storey neighbour.
- It is fast-growing. If you want to get privacy in a hurry, this is the ideal option. It achieves growth of up to three or four metres in relatively short order – much faster than other plants popularly used as screens.
- If you are going to plant bamboo, Gold Stripe is not only attractive but practical as well. It is highly resistant to cold, drought, and exposure, and any excess poles are perfect for use as garden stakes.
Gold Stripe Bamboo is a beautiful addition to any garden. Its hardiness makes it a favourite among gardeners, and it is often used as a feature around ponds or as a screen to provide privacy.