Nepalese Blue (Himalayacalamus porcatus)
Nepalese Blue one of our favourite bamboos with blue grey finger size culms. Has a soft long feathery bluish green/grey leaf. Tight clumping habit. Suits well draining soils - ask us for maintenance advice.
- Middle size Himalayan - Grows to 2-4 metres.
- Lovely colour with wispy green leaves
- Position-Part Shade/ Sun / Protected
- Great for a smaller soft screen
Freight can be by box or pallet for 200mm pots and is processed online by the system. For large numbers, or 300mm pots and 45L bags please contact us for a freight quote.
Did you know that that Nepalese bamboo is the perfect accompaniment to nearly any outdoor space? Many home- or business owners find themselves searching for the right type of plant to bring a touch of life and colour to their outdoor environment. Nepalese bamboo, also known as himalayacalamus porcatus, comes in two sizes and features green and grey leaves with a hint of blue, which makes it unique.
Tips for Getting More Value Out of Nepalese Bamboo
Whether you’ve cared for bamboo in the past or you’re a first-time plant owner, there are certain steps that you should always follow to allow it to flourish. Here are some examples:
- You should be conscious of the planter that you select for your bamboo. Although you may want to pick something that has a distinct design or colour, the size of the planter makes the difference regarding the health of your bamboo. Using a wide planter that has drainage holes is your best option.
- Many people make the mistake of overwatering their bamboo plant because they believe that it will help it to grow faster. During the summer, bamboo plants need water three to four times per week. However, during the cooler seasons, they will need water only once every seven to ten days.
- Don’t wait too long to prune your bamboo plant, or it will grow out of control.
When you purchase your bamboo from Byron Bay Bamboo, you can rest assured that you will receive a beautiful bamboo plant that is ready to grow under your watchful attention. Whether you plan to grow your bamboo indoors or outdoors, you’re sure to enjoy the peaceful ambience that this plant provides.