Nepalese Blue one of our favourite bamboos with blue grey finger size culms. Has a soft long feathery bluish green/grey leaf. Tight clumping habit...View full details
Bamboo Plant Shape
Sun or Shade
Bamboo & Ornamental
The author, Kaye Wood, has spent a decade researching and learning about clumping bamboo.There are lots of books about bamboo regarding taxonomy, p...View full details
What to Know When You Buy Bamboo Plants
You can buy bamboo plants from our extensive collection and reap the benefits, such as creating privacy screens or shade in your garden. We have a wide selection of different varieties, so you are sure to find a type that suits your requirements and landscape. Giant and miniature bamboo varieties are fast-growing, robust, and can produce thick and lush bushes, making for a beautiful green feature in any garden. You can easily care for this plant as it is low maintenance and grows well in pots. We have a selection of non-invasive bamboo so that you don’t need to fret about it taking over your garden.
What You Should Know About Bamboo for Shade
Bamboo is attractive, versatile, durable, and fast-growing, making it the ideal plant to enhance any outdoor space.
- You can use it as a privacy screen: A bamboo plant can provide you with ample shade from the sun and create privacy from your neighbours or cars driving down the street. You can select the ideal bamboo variety to suit your height requirements and, as it grows quickly, you won’t have to wait too long before you get your privacy and shade. You can also prune your plant to your aesthetic preference.
- It can also act as a noise and windbreaker: Planting bamboo for shade can also provide you with the extra benefit of acting as a noise and windbreaker. If you live in an open area or noisy suburb, planting clumping bamboo as a screen in your garden can diminish the noises around you, such as trains or cars and provide you with a serene oasis to enjoy.
- Bamboo can cool and purify the surrounding air: Bamboo can grow up to 91 cm daily, meaning it can quickly provide your garden with shade. However, it can also cool and purify the surrounding air to a greater degree than other plants, making it an ideal investment when you live in warm climates.
Our knowledgeable team can assist you in finding the perfect bamboo variety to use in your landscape.
Benefits of Bamboo for Screening
There are numerous benefits to investing in clumping bamboo for a screening solution around your home.
- Bamboo is cost-effective: Using bamboo as a screen is an ideal and cost-effective alternative to expensive building materials. You can position each plant some distance apart and know that the gaps between each bush will get filled in as the bamboo grows to create a hedge.
- The plant will remain aesthetically pleasing year-round: You can have a lush, green screen year-round when you plant bamboo in your garden. These evergreen shrubs are more aesthetically pleasing than wooden fences, and you can trim the bushes to your ideal shape.
- You can find a variety to suit your requirements: You can purchase a bamboo variety to suit your height requirements from our extensive range. Whether you desire a low dwarf plant to adorn the side of your driveway or tall bamboo to sit next to your fence, our team can guide you in finding the ideal type to enhance the look of your garden and act as a natural screen.
What You Can Expect from Us Regarding Where to Buy Bamboo Plants
We provide more than 30 different varieties of bamboo.
- Our team deliver exceptional customer service: We know that selecting the perfect bamboo type is difficult, which is why we provide free consultations. Our knowledgeable team will assist you in finding the ideal plant for your landscape and offer excellent advice for caring for your plants. When shopping online, you can send in photos of your property along with your requirements, and we will answer your enquiry promptly.
- We provide excellent plant delivery options: We will pack and ship your plant order directly to your location using competitively-priced delivery options. We ensure that your plants are carefully packaged using recyclable materials and biodegradable bags and given water before being sent. You can also get free local delivery on orders over a certain amount.
- We offer outstanding after-sale care: Our team have extensive knowledge about how you can best care for and maintain your bamboo plants. We provide a free planting guide with your order so you can provide your bamboo with the ideal conditions for optimal growth and health.
Tips Regarding Bamboo Trees for Screening
Consider our tips for planting bamboo in your garden.
- Select the ideal location: Bamboo is a versatile plant and can grow and survive in many conditions; however, it is best suited to being in full sunlight. They also like to have fertile, slightly acidic and moist, well-draining soil for optimal growth. If you can provide at least a few of these conditions, then most bamboo varieties will thrive.
- Plant your bamboo: Be sure to dig a hole for your plant that is double the root ball size. Once you place your bamboo in the hole, spread some of the roots out and start to fill the gap gently with soil. You should water the bamboo thoroughly to fill any air pockets and then weekly after planting until it is established in the ground.
- Care for your plant: Ensure that your bamboo gets an adequate amount of water each week, as this will encourage deep roots and help protect your plant from drought. You should also be careful to not rake up leaves from around the base of your plant as they protect the roots and keep them moist. As the leaves decompose, essential nutrients go back into the soil, encouraging your plant to grow. Once established, they are mostly low maintenance and only require compost or fertiliser in spring.
We offer free and knowledgeable advice for planting and caring for your bamboo.
Why Trust Byron Bay Bamboo Regarding Clumped Bamboo?
We have an extensive range of healthy and ready to plant bamboo that is ideal for various requirements. Whether you desire bamboo for screening, as a windbreak, or an ornamental feature in your garden, we can assist you in finding the ideal variety. We offer exceptional customer service, advice, and delivery options, including free local delivery with certain orders. Contact our knowledgeable team with any questions or order bamboo plants online.